Friday, April 03, 2009

Art Reflected Back

Every once in a while, I'll get an e-mail so cool, so amazing, that it leaves me a little off-balance due to its sheer awesomeness. Today, I got one of those e-mails.

Seth is a guy who is a fan of my monsters. Apparently, he's been watching the videos with his kids and checking the site to see if I've done anything new. Well, his kids were so in love with the videos of my art, that he decided to take a stab at drawing homages of my art not only to do something creative, but also to impress his kids. Coulton had always talked about the odd feeling of seeing something you have created reflected back in someone else's creativity. This is the first time that my art has been reflected back at me like this and I was a little taken aback. You can see my original art and his takes on my art below. There is something very Warholesque about this process and truly I am humbled and amazed that anyone would take the time to redraw something that I have created in their own way.

Anyway, just wanted to share this pretty awesome moment with you all.