Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: The Year That Was

As another year draws to a close, I thought I'd write down some of the things I accomplished this year so that I never forget what a great year it really was in the midst of all the naysaying and distress:

- I was able to interview all the members of Cinematic Titanic, Rifftrax and MST3K
- I was the only podcaster who interviewed Cinematic Titanic in person when they played Cleveland
- I sold my house in six days
- I found a new house one day later
- Given the terrible economic condition of the country, I was able to secure a loan for the new house
- My first children's book came out
- I surpassed 1300 orders through Monster By Mail
- I had dinner in a Tiki Bar with a bunch of my pop culture heroes
- I not only met a Mythbuster, I followed him around DragonCon as he was dressed as Chewbacca
- A Director whose work I count as highly influential on my won work said he loved my art. So I signed and gave him an original piece of it
- I designed the poster for WootStock, the music and geek fest in LA and SF
- A comic book icon said he was a fan of my work
- We recorded our 250th podcast
- I started a new art site that garnered me over 300 orders in just two months
- I finished the art for a new book coming out in Spring 2010
- I was able to collaborate with excellent people like Scott Johnson and Tom Merritt
- I was able to launch a new graphic novel online
- I met a major sci-fi horror author and thanks to my friends Paul and Storm, he told me he was expecting me
- I designed the art for a high profile New York social media conference
- I won a major award in my networking group
- I was introduced in front of a crowd of around 500 people while just being a member of the audience
- I was able to pay someone by giving them an original piece of my artwork
- I had lunch with a major Sci-Fi author who ordered food from the future for me
- I was invited to interview a minor celebrity in front of a crowd of 150 people at Borders in Ann Arbor
- I launched a new site that allows me more effectively to showcase my work
- The children's book I illustrated was showcased by a major technology magazine
- I end the year with some very cool projects on the horizon for 2010.

All in all, not a bad year. I'm looking forward to what's next. Happy New Year everyone!