Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rock Band 2 Day is Almost Here!


New Rock Band 2 Drums
Originally uploaded by jawboneradio.
Am I the only one who is excited about Rock Band 2 launching on Sunday? On the off-chance that the game came in early, I checked with my local GameStop today and while they didn't have the game, they did get in the brand new wireless drum kit!

You can see all the pics at my Flickr photostream, but just a quick review. The new kit is A LOT more stable than the last one. I don't feel like the set is going to collapse under my wailing. Also the new drumheads are rubber and are much quieter than the last ones. It used to sound like someone was typing in my living room when someone would play the drums. No longer! The metal pedal is a bit of a disappointment. While the face of the pedal is metal, the pedal itself is still made from the same plastic as before. So it could crack from stress again (as mine did) and the metal face will remain intact. I guess we'll have to see how it holds up over time.

All in all, if you are a house drummer in your Rock Band group, I would seriously recommend them as an upgrade. I sense a much better experience with this set. Now I can't wait for the game this Sunday!