Sunday, February 10, 2008

Three Years Ago Today...

...I found a mic I had in my attic, fired up Garageband on my Powerbook and tried recording a "show" as a test. It was early morning, around 1:30 a.m., and Nora and I chatted about an upcoming home inspection we were about to face. It was short, running around 15 minutes or so, but it was, for all intents and purposes, our first official podcast.

Three years and nearly 200 shows later, we have found ourselves meeting hundreds of people and talking to dozens of guests who we would have had no reason to interface with otherwise. While a big part of our longevity in the podcasting world has to do with my undying tenacity and obsession to do a new show each week, we also would be nothing without the hundreds of people who have downloaded a show, written us a note, called in, bought my artwork, or somehow contributed to the richness of the show. I would have never have guessed what this show could become and the attention we would get from doing this silly little side project. It certainly has been a wild ride and definitely has been a lot of fun. And I have been humbled by the overwhelmingly positive reaction we have gotten from the podcast.

I'd like to thank you all for reading, listening and contributing to the fabric of the show. We would be nothing without your participation and friendship. Please stay tuned and, if you haven't already, tell a few friends. Thanks once again and here's to a start to year four! Woot!