Friday, December 07, 2007

Filipinos Are Taking Over The World!

Got this in the inbox this morning from listeners Tim and Nanette. Even if you're not a Journey fan, this is pretty incredible:
"Meet the Philippines' Arnel Pineda (that's "pin-eh-da"), the most recent man responsible for encouraging those wonderful YouTubes of nobodys covering somebodys we all love so. Journey's needed a lead singer, and guitarist Neal Schion told Blabbermouth:

I was frustrated about not having a singer, so I went on YouTube for a couple of days and just sat on it for hours. I was starting to think I was never going to find anybody. But then I found THE ZOO and I watched a bunch of different video clips that they had posted. After watching the videos over and over again, I had to walk away from the computer and let what I heard sink in because it sounded too good to be true. I thought, 'he can't be that good.' But he is that good, he's the real deal and so tremendously talented."
Anyway, check this guy out. And here's the full story. This gives hope to Filipinos everywhere. Maybe my dream of being the lead singer for Ratt will finally be fulfilled.