Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ode to Bacon

I've been going through a bit of a bacon renaissance the past few weeks. I've been frying up some bacon and making some delicious turkey clubs. I've been sharing bacon with my in-laws at Sunday brunches. I just can't get enough bacon. Bacon is one of those quintessentially politically incorrect foods. The kind of food that- according to health experts - everyone should avoid. Yet the growing consensus is that bacon cannot be resisted. It seems to be more accepted than shunned these days. Take the Bacon Alarm Clock. What better way to wake up than to the smell of frying bacon? I went online while researching this blog post to find some poetic verses about bacon, but was sorely disappointed when only finding the poetry of this hack.

So I will share with you my own Ode to Bacon:

Ahem.

Bacon,
Crispy and brown.
Fried to perfection.
You exist to harden my arteries.
Yet, you make my mouth water at the thought.
We are in different worlds bacon, you and I.
But we're both
dipped
in
fat.
Eggs!


Discuss.