Friday, April 18, 2008

Coming Soon: A Kid's Book!


Children's Book Frame
Originally uploaded by jawboneradio.
For the past few weeks, I have been working on a pretty cool project illustrating a children's book, something I've wanted to do for a long time. I didn't write the book, it was written by a very talented guy named Michael who has written and illustrated two other books. This project just kind of fell into my lap and I feel very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work on the book. Of course, I couldn't resist putting some visual references to Jonathan Coulton, Paul and Storm and some other groups I have done artwork for. Doing that reminded me of the old MAD magazines or a Simpsons episode with all kinds of hidden references, if you wanted to spend the time looking for them. These won't be too hard to find, but it was the spirit of the thing, eh?

In the next week or so, the book will be available for purchase and download and I highly encourage you all to go out and purchase a few copies for yourself and the little tlkes in your life. Thanks!