Sunday, April 06, 2008

Kindness Alive and Well At Bob Evans

So, the whole family was up early this morning, so I decided to take everyone out for breakfast at Bob Evans. It was sort of a continuation of Nora's birthday from yesterday. So the whole fam is sitting down getting ready to get our food when the waitress comes up to me and tells me that someone has paid for our entire meal.

Needless to say, I was flabbergasted. Who paid for a full meal for seven people, eight if you count the little applesauce we got for the baby? Turns out, there was an older couple who was sitting behind us who were talking to the baby. Apparently, she was smiling and laughing at them and they were quite taken with her. The couple left before I could say thank you, but I think that was the idea. Anyway, I thought I'd share the story, since it was incredibly refreshing to find that there are still people in this world who do nice things for others for no other reason that they were smiled at. Plus, I know if I didn't write about it here on the blog, I would forget to talk about it on the next show. Thanks Anonymous Couple!