Friday, September 22, 2006

WOW to Second Life: We Will Bury You!

So last week, Coulton had his concert in Second Life. A cool event to be sure. But I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with SL as an MMO. Now, I know it's technically free and hundreds upon hundreds of people use it. But I prefer my MMO's to actually "work" as opposed to floating around aimlessly, hovering over people I don't know, annoying them and eventually crashing into a wall, only to be banished to some area to which I have no prior knowledge of nor a map to guide me.

For all it's foibles, WOW is still a great MMO, and a wonderfully, immersive gaming experience. However, Tuesdays have become maintenance days for the game, which has annoyed many of their 7 million players. So how do good old fashioned Horde and Alliance players plan to fill the time? By planning raids on Second Life! Good times. Good times. I have not yet joined a raid party yet. I simply don't have the time. In fact, I've been trying to hit 60 with my main now for a good 2 months. One day, people. One day...

Thanks to BB for the link.