Saturday, March 31, 2007

UPDATE!:The Monsters Are In The Mail!

First off, thanks so far to everyone with the really overwhelming response to the Monster By Mail project. I am currently in the process of streamlining the design process. The video layer makes this project a little more challenging, but I think I have figured out a way to make everything go a lot easier. There's definitely a learning curve, and I'll be making tweaks along the way, but it's just really fun being able to roll in a lot of what I enjoy (cartooning, blogging, vidcasting, etc.) into one neat little package.

Just a reminder, I am only doing 150 of these monsters. So make sure you add your request to the list at the Monster By Mail site. The site is still being tinkered with, but we will eventually have all the videos and images on the site so you can flip through them and watch each one being drawn.

In the meantime, here are links to the latest videos. The first batch is going in the mail today, so if you were lucky enough to get in early, you'll most likely have your monster by early next week. And please spread the word, DIGG the story, link the videos...whatever. It is all appreciated.

I should also mention that if you've ordered one of these, you can usually see the images of the finished art at my Flickr site first. The videos usually will follow afterwards.